Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Great Day!

The day started great when Daddy let me sleep in an additional hour while he took Collin out to get doughnuts for breakfast.  When they came back, they picked me up to then get groceries.  While I was putting them away, the boys when swimming for about an hour and then rode bikes outside.  I worked while they played together.  Daddy was doing this because he wanted to be with Collin because he will be out of town for the rest of the week AND to give me a little break so I could work. 

Because Daddy is out of town for the week, he needed to work today.  Right before he left, he and Collin were watching Cars.  Collin walked over to me to lay next to me on the bench at the table while I was working.  He continued to watch his movie.  Within 15 minutes, he was asleep.  I was surprised because 1) he is not that great about taking naps on the weekend and 2) it was not even 11:30am.  He had not even had lunch yet.  I continued to work for another 20 minutes and then got up to clean the house because friends were coming over to play in the afternoon.  Here is what Collin looked like while I was doing it.  He moved around three times but I was in the area to make sure he did not fall off the bench and stir too much to wake himself up.

He did wake up after an hour because he had to pee.  I helped him and then thought he was up for the day.  I did not see him in the living room and thought he might be in the playroom.  I found him in his bed.  He said he was still tired and he went back to sleep for another 20 minutes.  Wow, he must have been worn out from yesterday and this morning's activities.

When he eventually woke up, he joined me on the couch while I was watching HGTV which was playing a show about first time home buyers. I was resting before our friends came over. There was a scene where the buyers were checking out the kitten. The wife said that the kitchen was really tiny and only could fit a few people in it plus there was not a lot of room to move around and cook in there. Collin looks over at me and says, "our kitchen is really big and can fit a lot of people in it, right Mommy?" I said, trying not to laugh and scoop him up, "yes Collin, I agree with you. We have a very nice kitchen." WAY too funny.


Collin knew when his friends came over because he was waiting at the door for them. Kyana and Madison where here! They played in the house for about an hour before they could not stand not being in the pool. We swam in the pool for two hours having fun on the slide and playing "shark". Collin did great because he was on the noodle (flotation device) the entire time kicking and swimming back and forth in the pool. That's better than only hanging off the side or only wanting to sit in the very shallow end.

After swimming, all of the kids were really hungry. We had pizza, chicken nuggets, strawberries and plums. They ate all of it. After dinner, they played in the playroom for about 30 minutes before it was time for the girls to go home. We sat outside in the front yard wrestling and waiting for Daddy to come home. He showed up 10 minutes later to join us wrestling.

When we were back in the house, Collin got himself some water and then said he was picking out his books so we could read. Huh? It was 2 hours before he normally went to sleep (only 7pm). I would be happy to have an extra hour if he really was tired and went to bed. We went in the bathroom to brush his teeth and this is when I showed him his new chores chart and a list of things he could earn stars for. We are starting out with:

• No hitting. He still hits occasionally when he does not get his way.
• Put shoes on by himself
• Put clothes on by himself
• Brush teeth
• Put clothes in the hamper
• No crying when he is in his bed. This is a HUGE one and we would love it if Collin learned not to cry when he is in bed and it's time for us to leave the room.

I explained that if he gets 10 stars in a week, then he will earn some coins to put into his coin bank (looks like a gas station pump). We read down the list and he got to pick out a star and put it on the chart if he earned it. Today, he did great. He earned stars for everything except hitting (he hit Kyana when she would not share with him) and crying in bed....because he had not gotten into bed yet. He did not put his clothes in the hamper either but did it immediately when I read that one off the list. He was really excited about the stars. He even told me when he was in his bed that he was not going to cry.....and he did not.

He was in bed by 8pm. That's an entire hour early tonight. More time to write this post. :)

No comments: