Friday, July 15, 2011

Lunch at School

Daddy had lunch with Collin at school Tuesday.  It was Meatloaf day with peas and potatoes.  I am not surprised that Collin did not want to eat anything.  Daddy got him to eat at least three bites of the meatloaf but nothing else.  I know Collin does not eat most vegetables.  He is a "texture" kid....if it's funny looking or looks like it will take too long to chew, he is not interested in it.  The teacher said that Collin typically does not eat a lot of his lunch. We knew he did not eat some days but to hear that he did not eat most days was upsetting.  It's probably because the kid puts down the food in the morning at breakfast.  When he eats three bowls of cereal, I am not surprised he is not too hungry 3 hours later.  He does also get snacks at school sometimes because of birthday parties and snack day.  So....we are going to try to cut back on the breakfast some to see if he is more hungry.

I met Collin for lunch today because I was working from home.  Today was pizza and applesauce day so I knew he would eat that.  I also brought some strawberries because he likes those.  He devoured his applesause, ate all of the pizza and then have of the strawberries I brought (about 5 of them).

Can you tell which picture of him was when he was trying to eat the meatloaf?  At least he was attempting to smile for the camera (or phone in both cases).  hahaha


No comments: