Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Lost Angies"

Daddy is out of town again this week.  He does know that Daddy went on an airplane Monday night but does not really understand that Daddy is far away and will not be back for a few days.  This morning to help him understand this a little better, we went into his playroom and looked at the large world map on his wall.  I showed him were we live and then drew my finger across the map to show were Daddy is right now.  I said, "Daddy is in Los Angeles".  Collin said, "He is in Lost Angies?  Is he lost?"  LOL  I then quickly explained that Daddy was not lost.  He knew where he was and could not wait to get back home and see us.  Collin liked that response.  I then tried to enunciate the city again telling him that I am saying "loss" without a "t".  He actually seemed to understand that and then repeated, "Daddy is in Los Angeles". 

Later after he came back home from school, he asked, "Is Daddy still in Los Angeles?"  I told him yes, he was.  I was proud of the little guy for remembering the city that was hard to pronounce for him just this morning. 

Because the kitchen and the laundry room doors had been painted during the day, that area of the house had a paint order even though we did use low VOC paint, at least on the walls.  We made dinner and ended up in the playroom which is on the opposite side of the house to eat dinner and watch a movie.  Collin had a Bologna sandwich which he ended up taking apart and eating the insides separately and I had yogurt and granola (I planned to swim later that night).  Mimi had leftovers.  She was there because she worked at the bike shop that day and picked up Collin from school.  We watched Toy Story 2 as we ate dinner.  Boy, Mimi had lots of questions about the movie because she had never seen 2 before.  I was surprised that Collin did not "shhh" Mimi when she was talking like he does when people talk during his movies.  Collin sat on my lap and we enjoyed the movie together. 

I left an hour into the movie so I could swim some laps.  I have a race this Sunday which will be my last one until October.  Since Mimi was there, I thought I would take the time to get a work out in that I might not have been able to otherwise.  Thanks Mimi!!!

No comments: