Saturday, July 2, 2011

A little Mommy and Collin Time

I know that Collin and I had enough quality time together this week since Daddy was out of town most of the week.....but I thought we could use some more.  Friday, I picked "puppy" up from school.  He, Jacob and Sophia were crawling around on the floor playing puppy.  All three of them greeted me being a puppy.  Collin even licked me on the leg.

After finally leaving, we headed to Chuck E Cheese.  Yes, I cannot believe I went there.  It's been over a year since Collin and I have gone together.  We still had tokens and all of the tickets from the last visit.  However, instead of going home, I was looking for us to do something indoors for an hour or two since it was so hot.  Daddy would not be home for awhile since he was at the new bike shop working on it like he had been since he got back home.  I thought we would stay an hour, eat somewhere else and then go home.  I called a few of his friends to see if they wanted to meet us there and they all pretty much said "no way, you are crazy!".  The first game he wanted to play when we got there was the basketball game which was to throw as many balls in the hoop as he could in the time limit.  He actually did REALLY well.  The ticket part of that machine was broken so he only got one ticket.  Since he did not realize what the tickets where for, he was happy to just have one.  Then, he and I played the water game a few times where we had to shoot water in a little hole to make the balloon rise. The winner got 14 tickets.  GREAT game if you were focused on tickets.  He did this twice and wanted to play another game because "this game is boring".    He played several other types of games but ended up playing the basketball game the most.  When we ran out of tokens, I showed him how to feed his tickets into a machine to count them.  He was disturbed that the machine did not give him back his tickets until I showed him that he could turn in his 141 tickets for prizes.  He picked out a rockets and two large, squishy ants.

At this time, he did decide he was hungry and wanted to stay there to eat.  We ate in the theatre room because he told me that he was not afraid of Chuck E Cheese anymore.  "He is not going to eat me Mommy, right?"  He did walk up to one of the characters after they finished playing and it moved.....and Collin took off running the other way.  He was finished eating and did not want to go back into the room

We left Chuck E Cheese and went to Baskin Robbins to have a banilla ice cream cone.  He ended up eating all of the ice cream and the cone by himself.  He mush have been really hungry after all of that fun playing games.

When we got home, he wanted to go swimming in his underwear.  We have done this a few times and he loves to do it.  I let him play in the pool for a little bit before we went inside to get ready for bed.  He was in bed before 9:15pm which was the earliest he has gone to bed all week.  Thank you Collin!!!

No comments: