Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grocery Helper

Collin likes to help me at the grocery store.  We generally go to the same one so he knows that there are the carts with a car in front of it there.  We went to another location of the same chain grocery store yesterday.  There were the car carts there but they also had a Collin-sized cart which he chose instead.  I was not sure how this would go but thought I would give it a try.  He did great and had a good time.  I would tell him what we needed, he would get it and put it in the basket.   I would tell him that we needed two or three of an item, he would count them for me and then put them in his basket.  He even rearranged the food in the basket a few times so that the new items would fit. If the items was breakable, I got to put it in my basket.  A few times, he did throw things in his basket but that was because "I have seen you do this Mommy".....which is true.  When it was time to check out, he put all of his groceries on the belt in the checkout lane.  Some of them where hard to reach but he insisted on no help from me.  He was well-behaved the entire time, listened and laughed.  The errand took longer than usual but we had fun doing it.

The pictures are OK because they are from my phone but they do at least show him smiling and enjoying grocery shopping.
Just starting out at the bread isle

His basket is getting really full and we are almost done

No comments: