Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My plants

Collin has been helping me water the plants that are not included on the sprinkler system.  It's been so hot out that we do it after we eat dinner when it's not so hot out.  He either uses the water hose or really likes using his personal watering can that he picked out in the Spring.  He is really good now about knowing how much to water each plant.  If he is not sure, he asks me, "Mommy, is this enough"?

Aunt Nancy gave Collin a book either for birthday or Christmas that is titled Too Many Zucchini for Zachary Beany.  Collin loves this book and likes to talk about plants growing and watering them.  The book came with a packet of zucchini seeds that we finally planted 2 weeks ago. 

Collin picked out the pots from the pots that I had in the garage, he put the dirt in the pot using his small shovel and then pushed the seeds into the dirt before watering it.  I thought it would take at least two weeks until we saw anything growing out of the pot.  I was shocked to see green sticking out of the dirt just 3 days later.....and so was Collin.  He checks out how his plant is doing every day and even reminds me now that we need to water it. 


Taken after 2 weeks and 3 days.  Looking really good.

No comments: