Sunday, July 17, 2011

Triathlon Morning

Daddy AND Collin went with me to cheer me on this morning during my fourth triathlon.  Yes, four this year since the end of April.  We had to leave the house at 5:30am to arrive at the race site in time.  Therefore, we woke Collin up early...but he was ready.  Last night, we told him he would be getting up early and that we would change him into his clothes for the day.  He said he would help us...and he did.  Daddy woke him up and I was ready for a little guy that was not ready to get up and possibly put up a fight.  Instead, he opened his eyes and said "Eeny meany miny moe, catch a tiger by his toe, if he hollers....here let me help you" which is when he helped me put his underwear on.  He was great through the rest of the process and all the way out the door.  He did not sleep at all during the car ride and either looked out the window or asked how far we were going.  What a great morning so far with my guys!

When we arrived, he had a bunch of questions about why it was still dark, why there were so many bicycles and where were we going when we were walking with my bike to the transition area.  This race could not have been set up better for children spectators.  There was a park right in the middle of the area where the race ended.  Also, they could see me get out of the water, ride and also run by.  As I was getting out of the water, I could hear Daddy and Collin yelling for me and giving me words of encouragement.  Then, right after I got on my bike, I saw Collin before he saw me.  He was sitting on the street curb waiting for me to ride by.  He told me "Go Mommy!"  How could I not after that?  It was a 6.5 mile loop so I did get to ride by them again.  When I was headed in and getting off my bike, I saw Daddy and Collin and blew them a kiss.  That really helped see them because I knew the 3.25 mi run was going to be REALLY hot.  It rained the night before so it was muggy and there was not a cloud in the sky.  I was right....the run was hot and difficult.  I did finish and LOVED seeing Collin and Daddy at the end.  Collin gave me a hug and then told me to watch him on the playground.  He came back and stole my water I was not finished with and then took the cool rag off my neck and hid it.  All my fault, I know.  He is a little jokester because of me. 

He played on the playground for a little bit and then had to go potty.  I think some of it was because he got to go in the Port o Potty (ugh!).  He did have to go when we were in there.  He wanted me to flush it before he went because it stunk.  I told him I could not and he did not understand why but thankfully finished peeing so we could get out of there.  He played on the playground some more only to stop and tell me when a kid either hit him or threw wood chips at him.  I was watching the entire time and saw Collin provoke the first kid that hit him with his flip flop....the one that Collin just threw at the kid twice hitting him both times.  Just part of being a kid and learning to get along. 

We came back home, took showers and then got in bed for a nap.  Collin told me I could sleep in the middle because he was going to sleep on my side.  When I got in, he said he was not tired and was going to play for a little while.  He was only gone about 5 minutes when I felt him climb back into bed.  He had gone to get one of his favorite sleep buddies and some water.  After he got in bed, he pulled the covers back over me, then rubbed my back for a few minutes.  After he finished that, he rubbed my cheek and gave me a kiss.  OMG!!! How sweet was that?  It was hard for me to go to sleep after that with the be smile I had on my face.  What a great day so far.

Here he is waiting for me to finish swimming

He wanted a picture with me after the race

No comments: