Sunday, June 19, 2011

Zoo? On Such a Hot Day?

This was written yesterday but I could not get to the internet:

If it was not for a work event, Collin and I would not have gone to the zoo today. It was supposed to be 100 degrees at the time we planned to go (and it was). Now that Collin's older, we don't take the stroller with us when we go to places like the zoo so it takes much longer to walk around. Before we drove up, he told me he wanted to see the seals. These are one of his favorite animals to visit while at the zoo. They are right up front so it's easy to see them every time. While watching them swim around, Collin was giving me a play-by-play of what they were doing in the water. "Mommy, the seal stuck his head out of water." "Mommy, they are swimming over each other. They are going around in circles".


Because we were there for a work event, we headed to the tent first so we could "check in" and to introduce Collin to my colleagues. When we got there, he turned shy on me and grabbed my leg. Then, he did what he has been doing lately when he is shy. He got behind me and stuck his face in my butt. I have told him many times that I don't like it when he does that but he still does. I especially did not want my work colleagues to see it. I walked away so he would stop and so I could talk to him about it. When got a snow cone and sat down at a table with other people. He wanted to sit at an empty table and was mad at me for not moving. He eventually "warmed up" and started talking. Then Kara walked by. This is the little girl he recently met when we watched a colleague race in the Ironman. Her and Collin got along great when they first met. When he saw her, he smiled really big and said "hi" and was not shy after that. It figures, he does like older women. :)

We walked around the zoo together with Kara's family. Collin wanted to see the elephants and the giraffes first. The kids then rode the carousel. Collin wanted to ride on the giraffe even though I told him it did not move up and down. He did not mind and had a great time. After the carousel, we went to the reptile house...mainly because it was in A/C and because Collin wanted to see baby dinosaurs. I knew there was an alligator in the and some other reptiles that he might think where dinosaurs. He loved it in there and pointed out all of the animals he really liked to Kara. We then went to the fish house....again because of the A/C. I did not think I was going to get him out of there. He wanted to see the fish and other exhibits more than once.


Collin and Kara, the older woman

This alligator scared him when he opened his mouth!

The kids really liked crawling through the tunnel in the fish tank

Pointing out the turtle.  He said he sees these out of the zoo.
We did finally leave. I was really hot and getting tired. It had already been a long day and I knew that Saige and Linden would be at our house when we got home. Their mommy had surgery yesterday so we were helping their daddy entertain them and wear them out for him.

No comments: