Sunday, June 26, 2011

Birthday Parties = NOT Tired Kid

We had two birthday parties to go to Saturday.  Not only where these birthday parties but these were very active parties.  One was for Mila (one of his favorite girl friends at school) at an indoor jumping/sliding place called Monkey Joe's and the other was for Jacob and Charlotte at a gymnastics place.  Collin did sleep for less than 2 hours between the two and STILL did not go to bed until closer to 10pm.  I started to write this blog last night .... but chose to rest instead. 

I actually started the morning but getting up early to work for 2 hours before going to the gym to swim 12 laps and then to the UPS Store to overnight what I was working on for a client.  When I got home, I had 20 minutes before we had to head to the first birthday party.  It was only 9:15am!

The first place was one of Collin's favorites and where he wants to have his birthday party....Monkey Joe's. However, when we got there, he was the shy child hugging on my leg. I tried shaking him off like you would if animal was on your leg. I know, I know, my son is not an animal but 1) I cannot walk with him on my leg like that and 2) we were standing in the middle of the gym with kids running around us. After 15 minutes, he did start playing. After that, all I had to do was either look for Mila or Jacob and Collin was either not too far behind or they were chasing him. After an hour of play, it was time to go to one of the rooms for the birthday celebration. Collin saved a seat for Jacob. As usual, Collin wanted two drinks and would rather pass on the pizza to get another drink if he could. He did eat the pizza but did pass on the cake. He does eat cake but probably every 8th party we go to.

Jacob and Collin in the party room

Best Buds Collin and Birthday Girl, Mila
After the party, we stayed another 30 minutes. Collin was not ready to go and one of my coworkers was there. I was not expecting to see her and stayed so we could get to know each other a little more. We came home to rest before the next party.


I don't know if Collin had more fun at Jacob/Charlotte's party but I did enjoy it more because I could see him. We were at the place where Jacob does gymnastics so Collin was VERY excited about going there. He jumped on the trampoline, swung on the rings, played on the parallel bars and then mainly jumped and played in the foam pit before all of the kids played on what they call the Gym Mountain in the corner of the building.

He only did the rings once

Stretching on the parallel bars

He loves the trampoline

Can't you see the happiness on his face when he is about to jump into the pit?

I love him.....about to throw a sponge at me....which he did do several times

Gym Mountain

Waiting for his stamp.  They all get one of these because they completed gym class for the day.
Here he is jumping into the foam pit on Gym Mountain.  He did this several times before one of the parents thought he should not do it...not knowing that I was right there watching him. 


 
We went grocery shopping on the way home and then stayed home the rest of the evening.  Before bed, Daddy, Collin and I played Sock War in Collin's room.  I know it's not the best bedtime activity but we had a great time laughing and playing with each other.  If you don't know, Sock War is where you through balled up socks at each other.  Since these were Collin's socks, you barely felt when they hit you...even in the face.  Making great memories......and hoping that he will sleep in late tomorrow......which he did not do.

No comments: