Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Persistant Toddler

I don't know if all toddlers go through what I am going to call the "Can you hear me now?" phase.  Collin can sometimes drive me nuts with this.  For example, I came home and he wanted cereal for dinner. 

Mommy:  "I would like to change from my work clothes first and then we can talk about dinner"
Collin:  "I want cereal"
Mommy:  "I heard you"
Collin:  "I want cereal"
Mommy:  "I know, please quit asking me"
Collin:  "I want cereal"
Mommy:  [ugh] "Collin, I will make you dinner when I get in the kitchen".  By now, I am trying to use the bathroom.  He walks near the door and says that he wants cereal...AGAIN.  I knew that a smartaleck response would not help him but I was really getting frustrated right about then....and it might have made me feel better. 

Guess what?  He did NOT get cereal.  He had cheese pizza squares.  Mommy wins again!

No comments: