Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dogs, Cousin Graduation, Time with Mimi and Swimming - Just another weekend

Saturday, Daddy let me sleep in. That was WONDERFUL!!  He and Collin got up, had breakfast and were watching TV when I woke up an hour later.  I needed my rest because I had a sprint triathlon in the morning.  After Daddy left for work, Collin and I swam in the pool for about an hour.  It was going to be 100 for the day so I thought I would start it off with some fun in the pool.  Plus, I was hoping it would wear Collin out so he would take a nap later.
Check out those abs.  Is that a six pack starting?

After we cleaned up from playing in the pool, we bought a friend a birthday present and then went to the bike shop to give it to her.  She was there because the bike shop was hosting cocker spaniel puppy adoptions that day.  My friend, Steph, is part of this organization.  Daddy thought it would be different to have the puppies in the bike shop and Steph was grateful for a new location to host the adoptions.  I was not sure if Collin would pet the dogs or not.  As I figured, it took him about 30 minutes to warm up to the dogs before he would pet any of them.  At first, he wanted me to pick him up and hold onto him.  I really did not want to because he is getting heavy at 40 pounds and my shoulder rotator cuff was hurting because of all the swimming.  Thank goodness he did want me to put him down so he could pet the dogs.  With Daddy, we walked across the street to get some lunch.  Collin was not hungry....until he remembered this place had ice cream.  Daddy let him have some after he and I were finished eating.  What a nice Daddy!!!

After lunch we Daddy, we went next door to buy a birthday present for Melia, one of Collin's friends.  Her birthday is coming up and we needed to get her a gift since we were right there.  Then, we went home for Collin to take an hour nap before heading to see cousin Dustin graduate from high school.  The graduation was taking place downtown in the basketball area.  There were 600+ kids in Dustin's graduating class so they needed a place big enough to hold all of the graduates and their family.  Collin did AWESOME waiting for Dustin to walk across the stage.  Of course, snacks and a drink helped. Mommy came prepared.  
Aunt Lisa, Cousin Dustin, and Todd, Dustin's Dad

After graduation, Collin went home with Mimi because Daddy and I were leaving the house in the morning at 4:15am for my triathlon.  We left so early because the bike shop is a bike sponsor of the race so Daddy had to be there early.  I napped in the car until it was time for me to set up my transition area for the race.  I was prepared as I could be but still VERY nervous about the open water swim. The distances of the race were 600 meter swim, 11 mile bike and 3 mile run.  I knew the bike and the run would not be a problem....it was the swim.  When it was my time in the water, I knew the swim was going to be a killer.  People were swimming all over me.  I just could not seem to advance.  I also swam much more than 600 meters because I don't swim in a straight line. I kept getting off course and had to stop and correct myself.  After finally getting out of the water and probably last at this point, I knew I needed the bike portion of the race to catch up some and feel better.  Catch up I did.  I passed at least 4 people in my age group on the bike and then another 3 on the run.  I finished the race at 1:20.38 which was 5 minutes faster than my goal.  Both the bike and the run were faster than my last race but the swim was MUCH slower.  I came in 9th in my age group and am very happy with the results.
Me after the race with Collin's Daddy

Me with a new racing friend.  It was her first time too.

Running in and so thankful the race was almost over


After coming home for a shower, we headed to meet the family for a graduation celebration lunch for Dustin.  We met at a sushi place.  I did not care where we ate...I was hungry because of the race.  Collin did not eat much yesterday but he made up for it at lunch.  He ate all of his chicken and at least a third of a lot of french fries.  He and Timmy played together on the bench side of the table before we left.

We came home to take a nap.  Collin was not tired so he sat on the couch to watch a movie.  I slept for about 45 minutes before getting up to make sure he was OK.  He was sitting on the couch and had gotten himself some water from the refrigerator.  He told me he was not tired.  I stayed up with him and working on his scrapbook.  Within 10 minutes, he passed out on the couch.  I thought he was not tired.

After his nap, I made dinner and then the boys went swimming while I worked in the back yard so I could watch them have fun.  After being in the lake today, I was not interested in swimming.

What a fantastic weekend!  However, I am ready for work so I can sit for more than 15 minutes.  ;)

No comments: