Monday, June 27, 2011

Bug Killer

Tonight, when Collin and I were cleaning up the train tracks on the living room floor, he stopped me because he noticed a "baby bug".  He lifted the train track to get a better look and noticed it was wiggling and still alive.  He told me that he would get it and then took off toward the kitchen.

Mommy:  "What are you doing?"
Collin:  "I am getting a tissue for the baby bug"
Mommy:  "Why?"
Collin:  "To put it in the potty"

....which is what he did after looking in the tissue and declaring "I got it for you Mommy".  He called out for me to come look in the water because the bug was "spinning around and around and around in the water".  He then flushed it after I looked at it. 

Later when I was tucking him into bed, I thanked him for getting to bug for me....because he knows I don't like live bugs in the house.  He said, "You are welcome Mommy.  Next time, you get the Daddy bugs and I will help you with the baby bugs."  Does that mean he won't be my go-to guy for the large, flying roaches the next time I see one?  Yuck!!!  Thanks at least for helping me with the little ones.

No comments: