Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wednesday Nights = Training and Social Night

For the past 6+ weeks, Wednesday nights have turned out to be very social nights.  First, Daddy picks up Collin from school to head gymnastics for an hour.  As you have already read, Collin really likes going to gymnastics.  After that, the meet me and other bike shop tri club members at the park.  The bike shop sets up a tent, water cooler and bike racks for club members to ride and run for 3 hours while someone from the bike shop watches the equipment.  After riding, running or one or the other, people typically hang out at the tent instead of leaving right after they finish. This is the social hour that we all have started to look forward to.  While I am riding and running guilt-free, Collin and Daddy are either:
  • riding the bike
  • running
  • playing with friends
  • Daddy pulling Collin along in the bike trailer
Collin has met several new friends doing this.  I think his favorite is Madison who is a bike shop employee's granddaughter.  Then there is Korbin, Kyana and McKenna that have been fairly regular. 

I said guilt-free above because, when I am riding and running, I know that Collin and Daddy are close-by.  I also know that Collin is having a great time being outside and playing with his friends or Daddy.  Plus, when I am finally finished, which is typically within an hour to an hour and 20 minutes, Collin is not ready to go.  He usually has a big grin on his face and is sweaty from running around and playing so much. 
Collin having fun in a race the kids did last weekend after I finished running.  Collin LOVES to run.

No comments: