Sunday, August 1, 2010

Art and Collin's Big Boy Bed

Collin is now is his big boy bed. This is the bed I mentioned I painted the other weekend. I had to paint the bed because it has been in storage at grandma's house since it was last used years ago. Mimi and Aunt Nancy used the bunk beds when they were little and then Aunt Lisa and I did when we were growing up. Lisa slept on the bottom bunk and I was on the top. The plan is for Collin to have only one of the beds in his room until he is much older to have both beds in there as bunk beds. That will be fun though because his cousins and friends can spend the night with him in his room....probably no sleeping will happen but I bet they will have fun.
We picked it up Friday and Collin's first night in it was Friday night. He did great! I think having his twin mattress on the floor for a few months first to get used to it helped him transition to his bed. I do have a rail on the side of the bed to keep him from falling out which he has already used a few times. As part of moving into his big boy bed, I painted some starts around his windows (he LOVES stars) and painted four pictures to go above his bed. I thought at first that I could buy these pictures but then thought I would enjoy it more, and maybe he would too, if I painted them. I was not sure how they would look but I had to try....and it was less expensive this way too which was great. Here is how his room turned out. I think he likes it because he has talked about the stars and his bed since I finished it.

He gets to paint his own art to hang on the wall today. That should be interesting for both of us.

1 comment:

Angy said...

The paintings turned out really great!!! :-)