Monday, August 16, 2010

"Mommy, this is ......"

Collin has had a really good appetite at dinner since he was moved to Primary class at school. He is either not eating lunch during the day so he is hungry at night or he is working up an appetite because he is learning and playing so hard during the day. Typically at night, it can be a fight to get him to eat something else besides cereal. Like yesterday, he ate a variety of food and in large quantities, for him. He ate two small pieces of cheese, about 20 purple grapes, one tortilla rolled up and a medium serving of meat lasagna (I was most impressed with this especially since he did not want to eat it at first). He also did not drink all of his drink either. I have been working on him to not drink all of his drink first which makes him too full to eat much of his meal. Tonight, there was half of his drink left when said he was full. Making progress......

After dinner, instead of watching TV or a movie, we went to his playroom. He really did not want to be in there and wanted to watch TV instead. I pulled out a few games which did not peak his interest....until the Memory Game. This is the game where you match two like cards together. He did really well at this game. After he matched 3 sets of cards together, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I don't want to play this anymore." I asked him why and he told me "this game is boring". What!! I had not heard him use "boring" before so I asked where he learned that word. He said that Jacob, a friend from school, used it today when he was playing a game. My son, the sponge.

No comments: