Sunday, August 29, 2010

"Are you feeling better Mommy?"

I was not feeling so good yesterday....actually not feeling good for most of the week but woke up yesterday feeling the worst I had all week. Once Daddy left for work, Mimi came over to the rescue to help with energetic Collin. They sure did have a great time. Throughout the day, I took 4 naps for at least an hour each. When I woke up, Mimi told me what they had done while I was asleep each time:
  • Puzzles
  • Dig in the dirt in the front yard
  • Ride his motorcycle or scooter in the house or in the backyard
  • Play in the backyard
  • Watch movies such as Dinosaurs and Stuart Little
  • Play in his playroom
  • Play with his stuffed animal friends and his new dinosaur puppets we got him for his birthday
  • Colored in his coloring book
  • Played Candy Land, checkers and other games that we have

I am sure I left some things off the list. Collin was not bored and LOVED having Mimi over for the day. He did take a nap himself for about 2 hours which he really did need. Occasionally, he would come over to me and ask "Are you feeling better Mommy?" or "Mommy, are you sick?" to check on me. What a sweet little boy (I did not know that later in the day, he would add being sick to his list of excuses for not being able to do something that he did not want to do at the moment).

Mimi must have worn him out. He went to bed about 20 minutes earlier than usual and slept in over an hour later...not getting up until after 8:20am. Thanks Mimi!!!

No comments: