Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fun Saturday - Swimming and Soccer

The day started with Collin waking me up and asking for cereal. This is not an usual way to start the day. What was different was that he slept through the night in his big boy bed (I will post later) without a problem. He was able to get out of it this morning without a problem.

After breakfast, we played with some toys. One of his new toys from Mimi was the kitchen that we cleaned up the other weekend. We brought it home yesterday and Collin got to play with it this morning. He made me breakfast of pizza, ice cream sandwich and an onion ring. Thoughtful but he should know now that I don't like onion rings...hahaha Then, we went outside in the back for him to ride on some of his motorcycles and other toys he can ride on. He stopped at one point, came over to me and said, "Let's go inside. It's hot out here and the bugs are getting me." I agreed and we went inside to get ready for swim lessons.

The lessons started out rough because he was in a bad mood from getting out of the car. He wanted to unbuckle himself, put on his own shoes (yes, he still takes them off every time he gets in the car) and shut the car door. I was trying to hurry him because we were running a few minutes late already because he wanted to "I want to do it" when getting ready to leave. So, when we arrived to the pool, he was in no mood to swim. The instructor, Miss Sarah, was great and VERY patient. He finally calmed down and got in the pool.....and then he did not want to get out. After lessons, we watched the other kids swim for a little bit.





Later in the afternoon, we went to a professional soccer game. My company was having a Family Night there. It was good for us to go so Daddy and Collin could meet my new co-workers. There was a lady making balloon animals. Collin wanted a tattoo of a soccer ball with flames coming off of it. Daddy and I got one too....mine had sparkles on it. We then ate some dinner and then went inside the stadium to watch the game. It was fun to watch and Daddy was really getting into it. Collin seemed to follow the soccer ball better than he has been able to do with the baseball. If it was not an open stadium and 97 degrees outside, we might have stayed longer. It was just so uncomfortably hot that we left. Collin was ready to go by this time because he told me "I want to go home Mommy".

I almost forgot to mention the mascot, a fox named Diesel. I have mentioned before Collin's fears of mascots. When he sees one, he immediately starts to scream, cry or otherwise be really scared and want to leave the area immediately. Yesterday, Diesel snuck up on Collin. I thought for sure that he would have freaked out and jumped in my lap. Instead, he sat there and watched the mascot. Once the mascot left, Collin watched him wherever he went. He rarely took his eyes off of him. When we were all finished eating, I wanted to walk around and introduce my family to my coworkers. If the mascot was in the area, Collin refused to head that way. Once the mascot left that section, we could head that way. Diesel eventually left and went inside the stadium to get ready for the game. Collin saw this and said that the fox was hungry and getting some food. Once we finally went inside the stadium, Collin did ask were the fox was. I noticed him looking around a few times and could tell he was not watching the game.....he was looking for the fox.










No comments: