Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Sleep Position?

Collin went to bed last night MUCH better than he as since he moved into his big boy bed. After signing some songs (as requested every night), I told him that I loved him and that I was going to go to sleep in my bed. He turned over on his side and closed his eyes. I thought there is no way this was it for the night (which turned out to be right...but much later). I left his room and joined Daddy in the living room. Collin stayed in bed until around 5:30am. He came to my side of the bed, I picked him up and took him back to his bed. The screaming and crying began!!! He did not want to stay in his room. Daddy came in to help calm Collin down and I was thankful for that.

Finally, Collin stayed in his room. I did rock him, put him back in bed and then left the room. I stood outside one of his doors to catch him if he got up which he did 5 times. The last time, he wanted to sit at the side of his bed so I let him. I covered him up and left his room. After standing at his door for a few minutes, I thought he might actually stay in his room so I went back to my room and checked him out in the monitor. He was still sitting there. At one point, he laid his head back on his bed and then picked it back up. He then laid his head to the side on the bed and left it there. He eventually fell asleep that way. Was that comfortable? This was 6:30am by this time so I just left him like that if he was going to sleep. He did wake me up 30 minutes later and I put him back to bed. He had to be tired because I knew I was. He got back in bed without a fuss. Wow! That was until he said he pooped. Ugh!!! I thought maybe he was just saying that. Nope! Good morning Mommy!!!

No comments: