Thursday, May 13, 2010

Throw the ball!


I bought Collin a lefty glove today and could not wait to get home and show Collin. I was hoping he would be excited as I was. When I got home, he was having dinner with Mimi (she watches him Thursday's after school). I let him finish eating since he does not eat much at dinner usually. Then, I told him I bought something for him and gave him the bag. He opened it and said "ohhh!!!!". He ran to get his shoes on so we could go outside and use his new glove. It came with a soft baseball meant for kids his age.

When we got outside, Collin instantly put his glove on the correct hand like he was a pro. I did have to show him how to close it and hold it to catch a ball. He threw to ball to my glove almost every time he threw it. When I threw it to him, he caught it most of the time but only because I did throw it into his open glove. He and I will need to work together to teach him how to close the glove and catch the ball.

Daddy came home and joined us. Collin quit throwing because he was tired but left his glove on....he put it on his head. Daddy and I threw the ball for about 15 minutes more and we went inside.

What a great way to end the day. I cannot wait to do it again.

No comments: