Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Night of Friends

More friends came over tonight to play in the pool and have dinner. Alex, Ellie and their parents, Diana and Chad came over. Alex and Ellie are a year older than Collin. They have played together a few times and have had fun every time. Collin was so excited most of the day when I told him that Alex was coming over. I was getting dinner ready and let him know that they should be here soon so he ran to the front door to look out the side window. I asked if they were here and he told me no. When he did not come back, I asked what he was doing. He replied that he was waiting for Alex. When they did finally drive up, I knew it because Collin came yelling to me saying that Alex was here over and over.

The kids played in the pool or with bubbles for about an hour before we ate dinner. I served tortillas with different "fixins" and lots of fruit. Light dinner after swimming. The kids ate and then played int he backyard while the parents talked. Collin was not too happy when they did eventually have to go.

He was so tired from the errands we ran today, swimming and playing with friends that it was not too difficult to get him into bed. Three nights in a row, he went to bed in his big boy bed without much of a fuss and did not get out when I left the room. The last two nights were not difficult at all. Now that it's a "school night", I hope tonight is the same.

No comments: