Sunday, May 23, 2010

Road Trip to Memaw's

Yesterday morning, Collin and I piled into Uncle Paul and Aunt Lisa's truck with Timmy and Dustin so we could go to Memaw's for the day. We did go for the day too since we got home last night around 11pm (Collin was asleep and transferred nicely into his bed since I had already changed him into PJs and a night diaper).

Collin and Timmy sat next to each other in their separate car seats. Collin quickly learned that Timmy does not like anyone touching the sides of his car seat. Collin had put his hand on Timmy's seat and Timmy screamed out as he was pushing Collin's had off. Of course, my son being like his Mommy, put his had right back and smiled at me. He purposely did this a few more times...and Timmy never gave up. Collin did eventually get bored of this. We were happy too since it got a little more quite in the truck. We did have to take a potty break on the way because Collin announced that he did have to pee. Paul just pulled over so Collin could go by the truck. He thought that was really funny and told everyone when he got in that he "pee peed in the woods".

We did finally arrive and had a lot of fun with Samantha. She is my other cousins youngest daughter who is five years old. Her brothers are a sophomore and senior in high school so she was SO happy to have "friends" over that were closer to her age. Plus, the boys had some toys to play with....lots of pink toys but at least toys to play with.

Here is what we did for the day:

  • I made snickerdoodle cookies mainly for Paul since he had never had any and wanted some. Cousin Michelle and I made too many dozens of these growing up at Memaw's house. I have since associated these cookies with Memaw.
  • Samantha is in cheer right now and was showing us some of her cheers. These also included her doing some cartwheels and other tumbling moves. I have no idea how we got on the subject of Paul, Lisa and I doing a cartwheel too. OK, I cannot even remember when I did a cartwheel last but I has to have been at least 25 years ago. We were all up for the challenge and finally did it. I have to say that Paul did the best one. He actually landed on his feet the first time. Lisa does have a video of me doing it....but there was no way I was going to include it here.
  • For snack, I made queso. This is also something else that I associate with being at Memaw's. Can you tell that I did a lot of cooking whenever I visited Memaw's?
  • Samantha wanted to play hide and seek which we all did for a little while. Even Collin was the one that had to find people....he was funny when it was time for him to hide. He would find a spot and then yell out that "I am hiding".
  • We threw the ball around outside. Collin cannot go a day without throwing the ball either inside or outside of the house. He found a small ball and carried that around with him all over the house. When Timmy tried to grab for it. There was a small fight whenever that happened.
  • Samantha's mom called and said that I needed to paint her toenails and fingernails for church in the morning. Michelle was not going to be home until after Samantha was in bed so she would not have time to paint them. I ended up painting Samantha and Lisa's toes......AND Collin's. He did not want to be left out....and has seen me paint my toenails many times. I do plan to take this off before we go out in public. I have a feeling there will be tears since he is still talking about it this morning. He cannot go out with painted toenails....and pink color too.
  • Samantha has a little dog which Collin was afraid of when we first got there. It did take him over 6 hours but he did finally pet the dog but only when Memaw held the dog in her hands. He was proud of himself and told me several times that "I pet the puppy mommy".
We did eventually live because some of us wanted to sleep in our bed last night instead of spending the night. Collin had a snack in the car and then sang himself to sleep. Lisa was amazed that he sang most, if not all, the words to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, B-I-N-G-O and Isty, Bitsy Spider. Next time, we all decided that we should be prepared to spend the night. That would have been lots of fun.

No comments: