Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

This was my third Mother's Day with Collin and Chris. The morning started with Collin waking Chis up before 7am. They left the bedroom so I could sleep in another 30 minutes. We had a lazy morning (well for me because Chris did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen because it was my day) until we left to meet another couple for brunch. The food and company was great. Collin had a good time because he buddies Ellie and Alex were there (they came over to swim last weekend). We called our mommies on the way home to wish them a happy Mother's Day.

We came home thinking Collin would take a nap but Daddy did instead. Collin and I played in his playroom and in the backyard. He was getting sleepy so we came inside to relax on the couch and watch Mickey Mouse Club....Collin's absolute favorite.

Chris woke up to watch Collin who went to sleep 10 minutes later while I ran some errands by myself. It was nice to get out and stop where I wanted without wondering if Collin would be in a good mood or to stop at every bathroom we saw since he is wearing underwear now.

I came back to join the boys for dinner and then a late afternoon swim for about an hour. I bought Collin a floating basketball goal thinking he would love to play with this in the water. He wanted it OUTSIDE the water but did at least play with it by throwing the balls in and then back at us in the pool. We threw them back which started the process all over again. I got in the hot tub before getting out and starting the bedtime process with Collin. He went to bed relatively easy....but that's because he picked out 10 books for me to read. Can you say....he did not want to go to bed?

I had a wonderful day with my family. I love my boys so much!

No comments: