Sunday, May 23, 2010

"I put my clothes on Mommy"

Yesterday morning, I had laid out Collin's clothes to wear that day. We were headed to grandma's house with cousin Timmy and Dustin, Uncle Paul and Lisa....so I needed to pack for the day. Collin was eating breakfast and watching.....yep, Mickey Mouse....so I thought I would run to my room and get ready for the day. While I was in Collin's room getting him a change of clothes (and I did end up needing them), Collin came into his room changed into the clothes I laid out for him. He said "I put my clothes on Mommy" and had a HUGE grin on his face. He had taken off his PJ top and bottoms and night diaper. He was wearing his shirt slightly tucked into his shorts. I checked, and he did have underwear on (but on backwards).

I was so proud of him! This was a first for getting entirely dressed. He has been putting on his underwear and shirts. I don't recall ever seeing him put his shirt on by himself.

Here are a few pictures of him that morning. Notice the shirt he is wearing. A buddy's mom from school got this for him when she found out how much he likes cereal and Cheerios.
His crib is still in his room but he has not used it to sleep in since his big boy bed was moved in. He has used it to climb in and turn on the light that he needs slightly on at night (like his night light).

No comments: