Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Morning Helper #2

Collin had continued to greet me in the bathroom while I am getting ready in the morning. He typically bypasses Daddy sleeping in the bed and opens the pocket door to the bathroom. I can usually tell when he is there because he does have to try a few times to get the door open.....probably because Monkey is being held in the other hand. When he walks in, sometimes I do get a greeting of "Hi Mommy" but most of the time he tells me that he wants cereal or that he wants breakfast...and then says he wants cereal. Since it's only 6:30am when he asks for this, I try to distract him by asking him how he slept or talking about the day ahead. This helps me to continue to get ready so I don't run late. By the time I am starting to blow dry my hair, his patience had run out and he asks about breakfast again. I have him wait by playing with him and the dryer. This does by me some time. Once my hair is at least dry, I do go to the kitchen area to make him breakfast, get his snack bag ready for school and make me breakfast. By this time, Daddy is usually awake and joins us in the kitchen. I then go back to my room to get dressed for the day. Both the boys walk me to my car or at least come outside so I can blow kisses to them as I am leaving.

I love my family....

No comments: