Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nice Words

We have been working on Collin to say "please, thank you, excuse me" since he could talk. There are just as many times that we have to remind him to say "nice words" as he uses them with out needing to be prompted. Some times, he does not want to say please so he says it really softly or with a growling voice to let us know that he does not want to say it but wants what he is saying please for. To teach him when to use these "nice words" we use them so he could have examples to follow.

Today, on the way back home, he asked if he could have a sip of my drink. I said, "What do you say" and he said "give me the drink". I asked him to use his nice words and he did say "please". I gave him the drink, he took a few sips and I asked if I could have it back. He did not give it back so I asked again if I could have it back. He told me "No because you did not say 'Please'". I turned around, look forward and laughed silently. He was right. I did not say "please".

No comments: