Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Worn Out

Wow, Collin REALLY did not want to go to bed tonight. He did everything he could to not go to bed. I fought to get him in the tub...but finally made it. Once in there, he was fine and enjoyed throwing the balls into the net in the tub. ItalicHe refused to go potty before getting into the bath so the entire time he was in there, all I could think about was Collin producing little "floaties" in the water. He didn't so....success! After the bath, he ran to the TV room and would not put a diaper or PJs on. I FINALLY got a diaper on but no luck with the PJs. After about 20 minutes, I did manage to get PJs on a crying little boy who then unzipped his PJs once I put them on. He started taking his PJs off, I zipped them back up and then we did this again a few times. I fave up and let him sit with Daddy on the couch and watch TV. We finally made it back to his room to read a book. He did not want the book I picked out and was crying while I picked him up and rocked him in his chair. Halfway through the book, he did stop crying and enjoyed me reading to him. After reading several books, he was still not ready for bed....but I was ready for him to get in bed. I let him turn the music on (I knew better than to do it myself....trying to avoid even more crying) and the light off. We got Monkey and then started to rock. I put him in his crib when he asked me to and sang a few songs to him. Typically, he goes to sleep after this or at least lets me leave without crying. Not tonight. He cried as I was leaving and continued to for another 15 minutes or so. Finally, after about an hour, he was in bed asleep.

I need some Aleve for a huge headache. I still love the little guy though.

No comments: