Sunday, March 28, 2010

Test Drive

I am leasing my current vehicle which needs to be turned in on April 15th. Three years ago when I started the lease, I knew the timing of turning it in would be bad for me since I am a tax consultant. I told myself then that I would deal with it latter. Well, I am dealing with it now. After two weeks of test driving cars on my way home from work and researching online for SUVs I thought I would like, I narrowed it down to two: a Chevy Equinox and a Volvo XC60. Chris talked the Chevy dealership into letting me drive the car for a few hours Saturday so I could see what it would be like to have it in real life circumstances.

I arrived at the dealership and switched out the car seat from my current car to the Equinox. Collin and I then went for a ride. I was driving the car back home to see what it would be like to back it up in our narrow driveway. On the way back, Collin kept telling me that he did not like it. I finally figured out that he was saying he did not like the car. Well great. I was not going to let a 2-year old tell me which car I should buy but, if he hated it, that would not work either. I figured out that the backseat is further away from the front seats so he could not kick the back of my car while he was in his car seat. He hated it, I LOVED it! He also kept telling me to "show me the street". I did not know what he meant until I put the car in reverse. There is a back up camera on the screen in the middle of the front console....which is directly in front of Collin. He wanted me to show him the picture of the street. At least he was paying attention.

After driving it to our house, to the bike shop so Daddy could see it and then to Saige's house, I decided this is the one I was going to buy for several reasons that I will not bore you with here. So, I am now the owner of a 2010 Chevy Equinox.













We now have a white house and two white Chevy cars. Welcome to suburbia!

No comments: