Monday, March 22, 2010

Potty Training Funnies

Potty training can be funny too....at least I do find myself wanting to laugh through most of this. For instance, Collin is getting annoyed now when someone asks or checks to see if he has gone in his underwear. If you ask him if he has to go potty, he will say "No, I already went at school" even if it's a Saturday or not otherwise a school day. I do take him to the potty in public so he will reply later that he already went at the store....even though that was over 5 hours ago.

If you check with him too much of if he is just not in the mood, he will tell you in a stern voice, "don't check my pants Mommy!" if I am walking toward him and just touch the back of his pants or sniff around him. I would feel the same way if someone was doing that to me all day long.

Last week when he was doing the I-gotta-go dance, Mimi and I were taking him back and forth to the bathroom to try and go potty ( mainly Mimi that night). After coming back into the room that he just left before trying to go potty, he would announce "false alarm" which made us laugh. He did eventually go. After that night, he has said false alarm a few more times.

No comments: