Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grocery Store Fun


Like lots of Mommies, I do have to allow extra time when I am planning to go to the grocery store with Collin. It takes longer to get him dressed and in the car. Yesterday, I told him we were going to the store and that he needed to go potty. He stopped what he was doing and then ran off to his potty. I thought, "wow, that was easy". He has gone on his own before, even pulling back up his pants but does need my help to wash his hands. This time, as I was walking down the hall to bathroom, I heard him say "oh no". Great, what just happened. I quickly found out. He was standing on his stool facing the back of the toilet like he does when he has to pee.....except his pants were still up. He was in a hurry and forgot to pull down his pants and underwear. Change no. 2 of the day.....then we were finally off.

When we got there, he talked about driving the car which is the grocery cart with a car in front. We arrived, and he picked out the color he wanted which was red (choices of red, blue and green). He usually does pick out the red unless it's gone. He was doing great sitting in the car until he saw me pick out some wrapping paper for the baby shower we were going to in a few hours (yep, hard to plan further ahead these days). He wanted to see it and got out of the cart. Well, he started to be a boy after this point. He was walking behind me and I heard him making shooting noises. I turned around and this is what I saw. He was "shooting" me with the wrapping paper. These days, everything is turned into a gun....including wrapping paper.

No comments: