Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Out On The Town

Collin is very warm natured like his mommy and daddy. This morning, when I first started to nurse him, I thought he really warmed up fast against my side. Turns out the little squirt peed on me and him. I guess that was his way of telling me that he did not like the outfit that grandma picked out for him to wear this morning.

Collin got to see a lot of Houston today. My sister's wedding is next Saturday so I needed to find a wedding dress that I can nurse in. Yep, I am crazy because I plan to bring Collin to the wedding. Well, all of his potential babysitters will be there so I really don't have much of a choice. Plus, he is eating like crazy now days so I doubt I will have a reserve of milk built up by then for anyone else to be able to feed him while I am gone anyway. We did find some potential outfits for the wedding. I plan to have a "fashion show" tonight to see if overall outfit looks good. Then, it was time to eat and we went to Houston's because I knew it would be dark enough to nurse there. Well...it was so dark that Collin ended up giving me a hickey on my boob because I could not tell that he was actually latch on the side and not on the milk source. Can you believe it? WAY too funny. After lunch, we were off to the dentist for me. Then a quick stop at Target before we met my sister, Lisa, for a wedding dress fitting. She sure did look beautiful....even in the flip flops she plans to wear under her dress. We made it home in time for Collin to eat....again!

The best news of all for today is that Collin slept from 11pm until 6am. Grandma said he woke up around 4:30am but went right back to slept. I FINALLY got some really good sleep. After the 6am feeding, he went back to sleep after a little while and I got another nap. I still feel tired but I bet I will feel this way until Collin is 18 years old.

He is eating like crazy now. After nursing, he will typically drink another 3 - 4.5 ounces of expressed milk. I was hoping to be able to start storing some milk by now but he is eating everything I have.....even the stuff I had already frozen a few weeks before. His growth spurt came early for sure.

I have not heard back from the lactation consultants yet. I guess they are so stumped that they are too embarrassed to call me back. I will show up to the support group next Monday to see if they have an answer if I have not heard back from them by then.

No comments: