Sunday, September 9, 2007

Grocery Store

Yesterday was a little better than Friday. I am listening to my new mother instincts instead of the doctor and the lactation consultant. Instead of waking him up every 3 hours, I am letting Collin let me know when he is hungry. Friday was every two hours and yesterday was every 3 hours. That was better and what the doctor wanted anyway. He did go for four hours between eating through the night. I was actually able to get 2 1/2 hours sleep between each time he ate.

I am also letting Collin eat until he is full or falls asleep. He has not been as bad and when we first started nursing. Instead of marathon eating for 1 1/2 hours, he is eating for a little over an hour or even less. Hey, maybe we are both getting the hang of this.

Yesterday, Chris heard in my voice that I was not having a good afternoon so he came home early. After Collin ate (and dad took a nap), we all went to the grocery store. This was Collin's first grocery store experience. He sleep the entire time. Yeah! I am sure that had to do with the car ride on the way there. He does love a good car ride and this usually puts him to sleep.

Today, September 9th, he got another bath this morning to help wake him up a little. I think the baths are helping keep the diaper rash away. Let's hope so at least. It was a photo opportunity as well.

Collin is napping right now, hallelujah. We plan to go for a walk much later this afternoon. I might try to take him to CVS to print some pictures since I have not had a chance to do this yet.

No comments: