Friday, September 21, 2007

New Friend

Collin and I had lunch today again with Dad. Chris really looks forward to these times when Collin and I spend some time at the shop. Afterwards, we were going to visit a friend that is on bed rest while expecting her second child. We did not end up going because her husband came home sick. I was not interested in exposing Collin to whatever he husband had so we did not go. Instead, I visited a high school friend of mine that had her first child about 3 weeks after Collin was born. Her name is Maria and her son's name is Matthew. Collin slept most of the visit which I did not mind when we got back in the car. ;) I have posted a picture of Matthew and Collin. Matthew was 8lbs and 1 ounce when he was born and is now a pound heavier. Collin is about the same length as Matthew (they are both really long) but about a pound less. Collin will catch up soon.

I called the pediatrician to see what she had to say about Collin's progress and if she had any suggestions. We played phone tag. I also called the lactation consultant to see what she had to say. I left a message and never heard back from her. The pediatrician will be at the office tomorrow so I will call her again.

Collin's thrush appears to be clearing up with the new, stronger medication. I am happy about that. My hands are getting really dry sterilizing the bottles and pumping supplies every time I use them.

No comments: