Friday, September 14, 2007

New Class and Weight Update

Yesterday morning, Collin and I went to a Birth, Baby and Beyond class at the hospital. It's every week on Thursday morning. Each week, there is a different topic and there are occasionally outside speakers for the topic. Yesterday's topic was taking better baby pictures. Collin and I met a friend and we plan to have lunch together occasionally. Her name is Addisson and she is 5 weeks old. Her mother's name is Kristen. Collin is already scoping out the older woman...oh no!

While we were at the class, there was a baby scale there so I weighed Collin to see if he had gained any weight since Monday. According to the scale, he has gained 4 oz since then. That is awesome! He should be gaining an ounce a day so this means he likely gained 2 oz a day since Monday. I know this made me happy to see that he is gaining weight now. He sure is eating a lot so I hoped that he was gaining something.

Yesterday afternoon was a spit up session for Collin. He spit up three different times in an hour. I was glad I was not going out that day because he managed to get my shirt, pants and the floor messy with spit up.

This morning, we are going to the bike shop at Diary Ashford to work on taxes and then have lunch with Dad. He was really excited about this when I told him our plans this morning.

2 comments:

yomamalisa said...

GO Collin!!! Spittin' on Momma already? And I thought I'd have to teach ya'!! Guess not! I really enjoy reading about the two of you. Especially since I don't get to see you as much as I thought, or anticipated. Love you 2 VERY much.

grandmaH said...

Sounds just like his daddy. He also spit up all the time, everyday. But glad Collin has gained weight. Keep up the good work on the blog and wish I could see ya soon. grandmaH