Friday, December 31, 2010

We made it back.....and Happy New Year!!!!

We made it back safely from an awesome trip to see Collin's cousins.  He had so much fun....and I did too.  I was hoping he would sleep on the way home because he really needed it and I knew we had plans tonight.  He slept 3 of the 4+ hours back home.  We stopped about an hour away from the house to go potty and get some food to take over to the party tonight.

Collin was happy to be home.  I thought for sure his neighbor buddies would be outside playing but they were not.  That worked out OK anyway because he was fine to play in the house with his new Buzz Lightyear wings (sorry, no pictures...busy unpacking from the trip).  I could hear him say from several different rooms in the house..."To infinity....and beyond!"....and then start running. 

After Daddy got home and rested for a little bit, we went over to Ella's new house because her parents were throwing a party for New Year's Eve.  Collin is so happy now that Ella is close to him again.  I can see us spending lots of time over there...until her mommy gets sick of us.....hehehe.  When we arrived, Collin went outside to play on the playground set.  He was a pro and climbing the wall and then sliding down the slide. He also wanted to swing and swing "really high mommy!".  Ella's Daddy eventually brought out sparklers and poppers for the kids to play with.  I was not sure what Collin would do but he loved them and kept coming back to Ella's daddy for more.  We went back inside, played a little longer and then went home because it had already been a really long day for Collin.  As soon as we got home, Collin did announce "I am tired Mommy.  I want to go to bed".  It's rare that we hear that so I know he was tired.  Right now, both he and Daddy are in his room snoring.  Happy New Year everyone!!!




No comments: