Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bike Riding and Aunt Nancy

Aunt Nancy is in town from Colorado.  She spent the night last night after we all attended a dinner party at Goode Seafood Company she hosted.  What a FABULOUS meal.  We need to remember that place more often because the food is so good.  Collin did great for being the only toddler there and tired from his day. 

The next morning after breakfast of cinnamon rolls (yummy!), we played outside with the neighbor guys.  Collin wanted to ride his bike because John Paul got his out.  It's amazing how fast he is now on the bike compared to where he was just a few months ago.  He had fun riding his bike and also being a good example for John Paul to follow because he was just learning how to ride his.  Daddy took this video of Collin.....you can tell how hard it was to keep up with him he was going so fast. 
The guys got tired of riding their bikes and started to throw the Frisbee and race each other....just having fun being boys.  We were out there for almost 3 hours.  It was time to go in for a snack and drink....which was fine with me because it was getting out already. 

After snack, we started to build the gingerbread train for Christmas I found.  The icing I had was old so we had to stop until I got some more at the store later.  Collin did enjoy getting prepared to make the train by cutting the wrappers off each piece of peppermint candy.  I am glad he was having fun with that because I did not feel like cutting them all out.  We are at least ready for tomorrow when we start back on the train.



Aunt Nancy had a friend come over to have lunch with us.  I made vegetable and tomato basil soup and salad.  Collin had some leftover chicken salad, crackers and grapes.  He likes the chicken salad because he uses the knife to put some of it on a cracker....so it's fun to eat.  Works for me because it's also something different other than cheese or nuggets.  After he finished eating, he threw the ball around and helped me pick some weeds with Nancy visited with her friend.  I turned on the water to water the new tree since it has not rained in awhile and then sat back down.  About 5 minutes later, I looked over at the tree and this is what I saw: 
I am glad birds had not moved into the bird house yet because they would have been swimming or dead birds.  I asked him what he was doing and he told me "I am giving the birds some water".  I then asked if there where any in there and he said "No, they are not in their house".  Check his feet out.  He is fast at getting dirty.  Looks like fun, huh?
After Nancy's friend left, we went to a toy store so Nancy could get Collin a Christmas present.  He instantly picked out a stuffed animal and then put it down when he saw a ball....and then held the ball but added a car to the other hand.  He did then exchange or put back routine the entire time in the store.  She ended up buying him
  • a mat that hangs on the wall for him to throw velcro balls on
  • a small airplane
  • a fake snake
  • a ball (duh....gotta have another one of those) that looks like a globe
We went to Carter's to get him a Christmas shirt and then the grocery store for icing.  He fell asleep on the way home.  I was able to transfer him to his bed for a two hour nap (call me the Transfer Queen).  Nancy went back to Grandma Filla's house and Daddy was home by the time Collin woke up.  He announced he was hungry and wanted cheese (another duh).  I gave him some and made a 1/2 peanut butter jelly sandwich. 
Daddy is bathing him tonight and taking care of bedtime so I can rest and take a break.....by being busy and making sure I have some "blog time".  I cannot wait to spend tomorrow with Collin and Daddy.

No comments: