Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Shhhh, don't wake up Daddy"

This morning around 3am, Collin got out of his bed, came to my side of the bed and said "Mommy" in a whisper.  I turned over to look at him and he then said, "shhhh, don't wake up Daddy".  I thought to myself "well, what about me?".  I asked what he wanted and he said he needed help finding Monkey.  This happens occasionally that he cannot find Monkey in his bed so he gets one of us to help find him.  I did get out of bed to find Monkey who was laying on one of Collin's pillows.  The "stink butt" woke me up to get me out of bed and in his room.  That was all part of his plan....he had Monkey and really wanted me to be in his room.  I tucked him back into bed, sat there for about 5 minutes to make sure he was asleep....but then fell asleep myself.  I finally got back into bed at 4:45am. 

Collin has done something similar all week.  Daddy and I have been taking turns.  Collin went to him the night before and it was my turn tonight.  I thought he might wake up in the middle of the night anyway because he went to bed so early.  We found out a buddy of his did the same last night.  I will have to check to see if there is a full moon out....that could be a cause of all of this.  ;)  I am sure it's just part of being a toddler and parents of a toddler. 

No comments: