Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Mommy, you are my best friend"

The kids at school must talk about best friends.  For the last week or so, Collin has told Daddy or I that we are his best friend.  Then, he will ask "are you my best friend?" and wait for the answer.  Once we answer "yes", he will continue what he was doing before he asked the question.

Last night, the little jokester he is, told Daddy that he was his best friend.  He turns to me and says "Mommy, you are not my best friend".  I guess I did not react the way he wanted me to because he told me that I needed to have a sad face.  I showed him a sad face and then he said, "I changed my mind.  You are my best friend.  Daddy, you are not my best friend."  This went on a few times until it was a big game to make one of us seem mad or jealous at the other. 

BTW, Collin did go to sleep last night without either of us in the room.  He did get up twice after I left the room, but I put him back to bed without singing additional songs or talking much.  He got up one more time, came to the living room to ask Daddy to sing a song to him.  I think Daddy sang one song and then left the room before Collin was asleep.  Small steps....but we are getting there.  I do feel more rested this week already. 

No comments: