Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cousin Trip - Day 2

We survived Day 2 of the cousins trip.  The night was rough though.  Collin has developed a dry cough and that kept him.....and me.....up.  I did give him some medicine but that did not help.  Also, it stormed around 4am which woke him back up.  So.....we only slept about 2 - 3 hours.  This night followed a similar rough night the night before we left on the trip so Mommy is EXTRA tired now. 

In the morning, Collin showed the boys how many donuts he could eat.  They were amazed that he could eat as much as them (6 donuts this morning).  He has been known to eat 10 before but that does not happen too often.  Then, they watched cartoons and played in the living room.  We thought about going to a movie just to get outside but ended up at the mall for a few hours instead.  The mommies needed to return some things and thought the kids would have fun on the playground.  Getting lunch at the mall was a little crazy but we were glad to sit.  Next, we all rode on the carousel.  Collin was a big boy and rode on one of the horses that went up and down.  He did not want me to strap him in or hold onto him.  Can you tell from these pictures that he was having fun?
After the ride, we walked around and looked in just a few stores.  We had a gift certificate to the Disney store so we went in there.  I found some Buzz Lightyear wings and accessories and thought Collin would love that.  I was proud of myself for getting it for a third of the price.  There was a hat missing and the lights (the set also came with Woody clothing so it was missing Woody's hat) so I asked if they had a new one in the back.  They did and the person still gave me the agreed upon reduced price.  Yeah me!  We then watching the people ice skate while Ms. Karen exchanged a gift at another store.  Wow,  I am not used to entertaining four kids....and especially at the mall.  It seemed like she was gone for 2 hours but it was probably only 20 minutes or so. 

After the mall, Collin and I went to see one of my cousins that lives about 30 minutes away from the mall.  She has older kids so I knew that Collin would be bored and not want to stay long.  What I did not realize is that her kids have two pets EACH.  Collin had fun walking from one room to the next checking out the animals.  Thank goodness he did not ask for one while we were there or on the way home.  Here is Amy and Collin before we left.
We came back to the other cousins house, had dinner and watched a Curious George movie.  We had plans to go look at lights but the kids seemed really tired by 7:30pm so we thought we should stay in and try to get to bed early.  HA!!  They all were wide awake until midnight.  Yep, another late, tiring night. 

No comments: