Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cousin Christmas

Because of both of our schedules, we finally had Christmas with my sister and her family this afternoon.  Since Leah recently spent the night with us successfully, she was not shy at all when they arrived.  She usually takes at least 20 minutes or so to warm up to us but she ran straight to Chris when she got out of then car and then asked about Burke.  We were outside playing when Mimi arrived to celebrate with us.  She brought over gifts from Nancy for Timmy and Leah.  Collin had already opened Nancy's gift.

We did not open presents right away.  Paul and I started building the rest of Collin's Lego castle while Collin and Timmy played with the castle.  I really enjoyed sitting around the table listening to the boys play with each other AND to have help with the castle.  Since Christmas, Collin helped a little but I had built most of it myself so far.




After we finished the castle, it was time to open presents.  Leah was really quick opening all of her presents.  She even opened and looked like she was trying to read the cards that came with a few of her presents.  She got a lot of baby dolls (4 of them) and the boys got action figures, dinosaurs or cars. 

Leah already started unwrapping her present while we were still passing out all of the presents

Slowing down the unwrapping to see what the others got

Look at that face!!!  She is excited to see ANOTHER doll

Timmy is having fun opening his gifts yelling out what he got

Transformer!!!

I love her expression. 

Mimi right in the middle of it all



Timmy lining up his gifts.  He was really happy to show these all to me.


The kids got hungry after opening all of the gifts.  Leah announced that she wanted Laura's waffles.  I asked if she wanted what I severed her for breakfast.  She said, "Yes, I want waffles!"  She really meant that she wanted the pancakes I made when she and Timmy spent the night last weekend.  Fortunately, I had leftover pancakes I had frozen from what I made yesterday.  I pulled these out, put two in the toaster and served hot pancakes.  Guess who else said he was hungry?  Yep, Collin ... and then Timmy.  Glad I had the pancakes because all 8 were eaten.  Collin also wanted strawberries. 

Before leaving, we took a few pictures by the Christmas tree.  Mimi was going to take Collin with her to spend the night so Daddy and I could go to work tomorrow.  Collin was really excited about spending the night and packed most of his clothes and animals in his suitcase by himself.







I felt blessed today and this Christmas to be alive and celebrate with my family and friends.  I am so glad I felt great and finally feel like the cancer and side effects are under control. 

No comments: