Sunday, December 8, 2013

Annual Gingerbread House Creation

Collin and I have been making gingerbread houses together for Christmas since he was 2-years old.  He looks forward to doing this every year.  This year was no exception.  He was really excited to make it with his friend that came over to play.  However, his friend had to leave before we got started.....which was fine with me because I really wanted to share this time with Collin and I.

Here we are with our supplies ready to go.  Because I assumed I would not have as much energy this year as in the past years, I wanted to get a pre-made kit that all we needed to do was include the candy on the house.  At the bike shop party last night, I "stole" a gingerbread kit I was looking for during the White Elephant game.  Collin saw this too and really wanted it.  Perfect!!!....plus it saved me a trip to the store to buy it.

 
 
 Here is Collin strategically placing the candy on the house.  I was surprised the icing was strong enough to hold the candy on the side of the house.  Only a few pieces fell but we quickly put them back on the house.  Notice the garage we built from gram crackers.  He would later build one on the other side of the house because "we have lots of cars".
 
 
 
He is cutting the package of gram crackers to make the rest of the second garage.  We also used these to make the sidewalk starting from the house.  Collin makes both of these (garage and sidewalk) every year.  Each year is different and more elaborate than the year before.

 
 
 Here is the finished gingerbread house.  Collin was so proud of the house.  He wanted to wake up Daddy and show him.  I had him wait until Daddy woke up.  Daddy really liked it which made Collin smile. 


No comments: