Sunday, December 15, 2013

Zoo Lights

We were supposed to go see the Zoo Lights with friends last night but Collin was not feeling well.  I knew he was not feeling well when he slept for almost 3 hours after we came home from his friend's Linden's birthday party. When I was putting him to bed around 8pm, he wanted to keep his shoes on because he wanted to be ready to see the lights at the zoo.  He was really upset when I told him that we were not going.  I hated to see him upset but knew that we could not go especially since he had a slight fever earlier in the day.

This morning, we got up and went to eat breakfast.  He wanted donuts so we went to his favorite place.  We talked about what we were going to do that day and he mentioned seeing the zoo lights.  I looked online on my phone, tickets were available so I bought some for us.  Yes, it was a school night but we could be home about the same time he normally goes to bed.  He was SOOO excited about going. 

When we arrived, he was excited but really cold.  "It's freezing!  My legs are so cold."  Yes, he was bundled and prepared for the weather but said he was cold.  Of course, he needed me to pick him up because his legs hurt from the freezing cold.  He wanted to go see the birds first and was disappointed that they were not out.  I had explained earlier and then again when we were there looking at the empty bird cage that most of the animals would be asleep and we would not be able to see them.  He did not believe me and then wanted to, "go see your favorite animal, the meerkats, mommy."  He was right, I love those little guys.  However, they were not out either. 

We stopped to listen to some tweens sing a few Christmas songs.  Collin was clapping and enjoyed the singing. We then walked around and looked at the lights.  There were so many.  They were beautiful!  I enjoyed the time that the two of us spent together.  When we were in his bed tonight, he said that he had fun but it was a really long day.  I sure was....and a memorable one too.

He had to stand by the candy cane


Collin took this picture.  Didn't he do good?





I love this picture....even though he is hugging me because he is cold.



No comments: