Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Day with Cousins

Timmy has spent the night many times before but it was Leah's first time to do so.  Aunt Lisa dropped the kids off yesterday afternoon.  At first, Leah was a little clingy but then warmed up to me.  I found her some toys to play with that were Collin's when he was her age. She was so proud to have her own toys that she let Timmy know "these are my toys only...not yours".  Timmy was fine with this too because she kept knocking down what he was building.

Later that evening, the kids settled down to watch a movie.  Leah snuggle up next to Collin while Timmy sat on the other side of the couch. When it was time for bed, Leah wanted to sleep with Collin in his bed while Timmy chose the top bunk bed in the other room.  I was surprised by Timmy's choice because he usually likes to sleep on Collin's floor. Timmy went to sleep last.  He wanted some milk to drink to help him sleep and was later frustrated that he was still awake.  "I drank milk to help me sleep but it's not working!".  I laid on the bottom bunk and he fell asleep within 5 minutes.

Around 1:15am, I heard Leah cry out.  When I came into Collin's room, she was standing up and whimpering a little.  She wanted to sleep with me.  I was glad that she was not asking for her mommy because of the time.  She snuggled up next to me in my bed and went to sleep.  She is different than sleeping next to Collin because she does not move unlike her wiggle butt cousin.

In the morning, Timmy woke up first around 7:15am.  I heard Collin get up to tell Timmy that tomorrow Santa would be here and they would have presents.  The boys started to talk about what they wanted for Christmas. 

I made homemade pancakes for the kids.  They ate the two each that I served them.  The boys were still hungry so they shared a bag of chocolate chip muffins.  Lots of sugar for the day...yeah.



After play for 2 hours, we loaded up and went to see Santa at the bike shop.  They were excited about going until we arrived.  Timmy and Collin were fine to get on Santa's lap. Leah would not move from my arms and did not want to look at Santa.  Later Collin told Leah that it was OK because Santa was really Tom.  Collin had heard one of the bike shop guys call Santa "Tom".  Way to go Justin!





We then headed to Aunt Lisa's house to drop off the cousins.  Leah did not want to go home but, instead, back to Collin's house.  I guess she was comfortable enough with us and will likely be fine to spend the night again.  Collin wanted to play so they played outside on the backyard dirt pile.  We did not have anyone where special to go so I did not care if Collin got dirty.  Wow, he sure did get dirty though.  It was stuck to him everywhere.  However, they had a great time playing for over an hour making great memories.  Aunt Lisa and I watched and caught up with each other.


Trying to dig to the other side of the dirt pile

Timmy sitting in Collin's hole he dug

Boys and bugs

Doodlebug.  He did find a wasp too.  No, I did not let him pick up that one.

Leah playing King of the Hill
 

We cleaned up and then went to see Grandma Filla. I was exhausted from the day so I laid down to take a quick nap.  Collin joined me 20 minutes later.  The 1 hour nap was what I needed.  We visited with Mimi and Grandma Filla before heading home.

No comments: