Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sniffing Markers




This is a huge exaggeration of what we have seen underneath Collin's nose since he started Kindergarten.  Usually, there are two or three small spots underneath his nose.  I had no idea why this kept happening.  I would wash it off when he got home or at least during his bath.  The next day, there were be more and in different colors.  I found out one day when he was coloring with our markers at home.  Remember, he still smells EVERYTHING he touches.  I saw him sniff each marker tip as he used it.  I talked to him about this and he said that the markers at school smell like strawberries, cherries, blueberries, etc.  I asked the teacher about this and she said that they do use the kind of markers that have a fruit scent based on the color of the mark.  So...Collin had the spots under his nose because he is sniffing the tip of the good-smelling markers at school.

We have tried to get him to stop smelling everything thing he touches.  He said he does it because it smells.  Well, I am sure it does but does he have to smell whatever he is holding every time?  I don't think he knows he does it that frequently.  When I do point it out, he does get irritated and does not want to talk about it.  I guess it could be worse.....he could be biting everything instead of smelling it.  :)

No comments: