Sunday, December 8, 2013

"Santa, you forgot to bring me......"

Collin has been taking hour-long Parisi Speed School classes at the local gym.  The class is meant to improve fundamental athletic skills & self-esteem for young athletes
  • Coordination
  • Running Technique
  • Body Weight Strength
  • First Step Quickness
  • Flexibility
  • Injury Prevention
  • Weight Loss
  • Self Confidence
Collin is the boy closest to the wall

Since Collin loves to run, we thought it would be good for him to learn efficient running techniques now and not develop bad habits that will be hard to break later.  Saturday was my first time to take him to class.  Daddy has been taking him two days a week after school.  When we arrived in the parking lot, Collin Did not want to go in.  He said that the classes where boring.  We agreed that he WOULD attend the class but only had to stay for 10 minutes.....but I knew that I was going to try to push him to stay longer.  He did go into the class and participated for about 30 minutes before he held up both hands and mouthed "10 minutes yet?"  I smiled and held up one had to tell him 5 more minutes.  He stayed that long and then wanted out.  There were only 10 minutes left in the class so I thought it would be OK to go ahead and leave.....because Santa was waiting in the lobby of the gym.

While waiting in line to see Santa, Collin asked twice if he was the real Santa.  I said that I thought he was.  He then got out of line, walked over to the side of Santa and listen to him talk to the child on his lap.  Collin ran back over to me to let me know, "He IS the real Santa because that is Santa's voice."  Unlike all of the years before, Collin actually did want to sit on Santa's lap and did not cry.  Here is ow the conversation went:

Santa:  "Have you been a good boy this year?"

Collin:  "Yes I have"

Santa:  "Since you have been a good boy, what do you want Santa to bring you?"

Collin: After thinking for at least 30 seconds which seemed like a long time, he looked at Santa and said, "I would like for you to bring me the Lego castle that you forgot to bring me last time"

Santa:  Trying not to laugh, said "I will be sure to bring you the castle this year", then looking at me and giving me a wink.  Yep, I got the hint Santa.  Thanks!


No comments: