Friday, December 20, 2013

Kindergarten Holiday Party

I loved that I was able to take off work to enjoy and help out with Collin's Kindergarten class Holiday Party.  The party started at 10am with the kids sitting at the table set up to for different activities:  Reindeer good, cookie decorating, Christmas bingo and making a candy cane with beads.  I helped with the cookie decorating table.  The icing was not a mess...it was the sprinkles that went all over the place because the holes on top of the sprinkle jar were so big.  The kids did not care...and really neither did I.

When it was time for Collin to rotate to the cookie table, he was happy to see me.  "Mommy, can you stay at my table with me?"  He was not interested in decorating a cookie.  He only wanted to eat the M&Ms used for the cookie. Eventually, he did decorate the cookie because he wanted to give it to Daddy.




 
Here he is at the bingo table.  Later, he said that this was his favorite table because he won a few chocolate Kisses.  He really likes these.

 
He is making a candy cane at this table.  He was frustrated a few times because he really had to push to get the beads on the pipe cleaner.  Daddy helped him a few times.  After all of the beads were on, he wanted to make it into a bracelet like some of the other kids.  He then gave it to me.  I wore it the rest of the time that I was there.  



 
While we were waiting for the pizza to arrive, a mommy read The Grinch book to the kids.  It was fun to listen to as I was cleaning up the tables.  You could tell the kids that had heard the story before because they were shouting out what was going to happen next.  The mommy was good about telling the kids to let her tell the story.  


The pizza arrived and the kids ate lunch.  Then, they sang Happy Birthday to Gio.  His parents passed out a treat bag and Collin immediately opened it to eat two of the chocolate candies - Kit Kat and Milky Way (he later spit this one out telling me that he did not like it).

Since there were 30 more minutes before the kids were released early from school, Ms Mitchell put on a Christmas movie.  I sat down with the kids to watch it.  Collin sat on my lap, Elliot leaned on one side and Ford on the other.  Davis was close by near Clayton and Jack.  These are Collin's buddies.  He loved having me there and whispered "I like you sitting on the carpet with me.  Are you going to stay?".....and I did. 

No comments: