Friday, January 10, 2014

Back at School

It's been busy the last week with the family getting used to going back to school and work.  I thought for sure Collin would have a report sent home from the teacher that he fell asleep in class because he has been staying up late (closer to 11pm) and sleeping in (past 8am) since he has been on Christmas break.  I did push him to get to bed earlier the few days before school but only made a little progress with that.  However, going back to school helped him fall right back into his school schedule.  That kid sure does have some energy.

He did well his first week back.  I did expect at least one report of him acting up because he was bouncing off the walls with energy.  That report came Thursday when the teacher wrote "not being kind today".  He did not know what she meant by that and I just remembered that I forgot to follow up with her to ask her more about it.  Oh well....he did get a sticker today.

Going to and coming home from school was a mix of walking and riding the bus.  He especially likes it when Burke walks to school with him.  Today, Daddy said that Collin was really focused on when or if Burke had pooped yet.  He kept saying, "Nope, he has not pooped yet".  When they arrived at school, Collin even told a classmate that Burke had not pooped.  I am sure she was really excited about that.

I worked from home today so I met Collin and his friends for lunch.  He was sitting by the "usual suspects": Ford, Davis, Jake, Gio and Trace.  Boy, they were hyper!  Jake kept asking me if Collin was crazy and if he got it from me. I asked if Collin was always wound up like he was currently acting and they said "yes, he is always funny".  Yep, still the class clown!  Then, Jake burped and I never had control of the conversation again.  Collin followed with burping several times in a row.  Ford and Trace laughed and Davis gave Collin a hard slap on the back.  Boys and their fascination with burping and poop.  Things will never change. 

No comments: