Monday, July 26, 2010

"Mommy, put Daddy in Time Out"

When Collin is throwing a fit, we have put him in Time Out. This involves putting him in a chair in the living room and have him sit there until he stops crying or says he will do...or not do....what we asked him to do or not do. He is not in the chair long before he says "I stopped crying Mommy. I want to get up." and he is perfectly fine after that.

Last night, Collin and I changed the sheets on his bed because he wet them during the nap he took that day. Before I put the pillows and blanket back on, he took the opportunity to put his stuffed animals on the bed....ALL 20ish of them. He then ran from the bathroom door from his room onto the stuffed animals on the bed. This is a great bedtime routine, I know, but it was funny too. Daddy walked in during one of the "crashes" and asked why the animals where on the bed. Collin told him to not touch them and got off the bed to crash back onto them again. At this point, Daddy started clearing them off the bed. Collin got mad at Daddy, starting to whimper a little and turned to me and said "Mommy, put Daddy in Time Out!". So......I did. Daddy sat in a chair in the living room to start his Time Out. He had is laptop on his lap so I thought it would be good to show Collin that Daddy could not play during Time Out. Daddy had to put the laptop on the side table. We walked back to Collin's room to get ready for bed.

Collin brushed his teeth (he is doing a great job with this....and even includes brushing his tongue) and we were starting to read books when he smiled at me and said "let's check on Daddy to see if he has his computer". OMG! Too clever. I told him that he probably did not because he was still in Time Out. I did not want to go back out of his room because that would stir him back up and take an additional 20 minutes before he would calm back down to be ready for bed again.

1 comment:

Angy said...

That is too funny!!! What a smart boy!!