Friday, July 2, 2010

My Umbrella

It has been raining all week. Collin has enjoyed standing either at the window or under the patio to watch the rain. He asks why it's raining and when will it stop. When the rain first started earlier in the week, he was afraid of the thunder but he is used to it now.
When Mimi picked Collin up yesterday at school, she was prepared with an umbrella for Collin and another one for her. He had a blast carrying the umbrella by himself. When they got to the house, Mimi left both umbrella's on the porch because they were wet. Collin had to check on them several times to see if they were still there.
So.....I KNEW I should not forget his umbrella when I picked him up from school today. I used it to walk to the door and left it at the front door so I would not have to bring in the wet umbrella. I get Collin and head to the front door. Collin sees the umbrella laying outside and gets really excited. He asked me, "Is that my umbrella?" When I told him it was, he could not get out the door fast enough. He picked it up and started smiling. I told him that I was going to take his picture and this is what he looked like:
He then started to walk across the street and then headed to the car. He did great and kept the umbrella over him the entire time. It started to just pour and pour about the time I was getting him into his car seat. He was enjoying the rain hitting the windows. The cars outside being dumb driving through the high water and stalling were not as excited about the rain.

No comments: