Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you have any money?

I have been trying to teach Collin that he 1) cannot have everything he sees and wants in a store and 2) that we have to pay for things in the store before they are ours to use.

We were in Walgreens yesterday to kill some time before swim lessons (that ended up being canceled). Collin found the toy isle and immediately grabbed a car and said "I want this". I told him that he needed to buy it first. I asked him if he had any money in his pockets to buy it. He held the car out to me, asked me to hold it, and started to search for money in his pockets. After not finding any, he told me "I don't have any money". I then told him that we cannot buy the car if he does not have any money. I thought for sure he would ask me to buy it (like he has done before). Not this time. Instead, he walked over and put the car back where he found it, turned around and left the isle. hmmmm........will that work every time?

No comments: