Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where is my hat?

Before Collin was around 10 months old, I could put hats on his head and he would not be bothered by them being there. It did not matter if it was a baseball cap or a big sun hat, he did not mind wearing it...or did not remember that the hat was on his head. He is an example of him wearing a hat that went with the outfit he has on. He did not mind and kept playing for another 15 minutes with the horse he was focused on.




Well, after around 10 months, he would pull the hat off before it was settled on his head. I would put the hat on, then pull the camera up to my face and the hat was already off. It became a game which I am sure did not incentivize him to keep his had on. That all changed when we went to a birthday party a few months ago. It was a safari themed party. All of the kids were given a hat, binoculars and a passport to then walk around the backyard to find the animal printed on the passport. Collin was too young to care about the purpose of the game. He was more interested in playing on the slide and climbing up the ladder that they had in the backyard. The mom insisted that I take the hat and binoculars home with us. I thought to myself that he will never wear the hat but I took it anyway. I was right for a little while, Collin did not want to wear the hat. He did want to put cars or other small toys in the hat and then carry it around. That was until this weekend. Collin thought it was fun to try to put the hat on our heads. He then put it on his and walked around with it while laughing. Here are a few pictures from that day.
He now likes to take the hat with him in the car with daddy on their way to Mimi's house. I never would have guessed it. Glad I kept the hat!

No comments: